Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It just never defines me.


Josh Flagg, one of the real-estate agents on the Bravo show Million Dollar Listing, came out as gay in the March 22 episode, according to Advocate.com. In an interview that ran in the March 23 issue of Windy City Times, Flagg said that he actually has had a boyfriend for three years. Flagg also comes out in his new book, Million Dollar Agent: Brokering the Dream (Windy City Media Group).

SDGLN: "Alright this is a really interesting question, which for straight people boggles them and for gay or bisexual people is always something that you kind of realize one day. For instance, you reflect on your life and as a child you do things that are atypical. In my instance, dressing up in preschool and playing with the girls. The other boys were playing football. And then over the years there are other things and then one day you just realize “Hey, I am not interested in girls like that.” And from there you just go with the flow. Some people figure it out earlier than others. I probably put 2 and 2 together when I was about 12 or 13...Madison did not beat me to the punch. Madison just decided to come out on national television before I did, but as far as I know, I was out to the people I wanted to be out to well before Madison was. At the rate we are going, we might have to change the title of the show to "Two Homos and the Straight Dude." How will it affect my situation with Madison? Well, I certainly don't think negatively. You know Madison chose to come out on TV and make a big to do about it, which I respect. I took a different approach, a more subtle approach, and I kind of like the way Bravo did it ... slowly revealing my life, because for the most part no one knows anything about my life other than what they can read on the Internet or what they see on the show with my family, but my private life was always kind of a mystery. I guess I liked that, though. Well anyway, cats out of the bag, ha ha" (SDGLN EXCLUSIVE: Josh Flagg comes out on Bravo's “Million Dollar Listing,” reveals his boyfriend, discusses memoir).

Chicago Go Pride: "I don't think it's a big surprise," Flagg told Jerry Nunn in a Windy City Times interview this week. "I don't have a sign on my forehead or anything, but it is not that shocking." Flagg also shares about his personal life in his new book, "Million Dollar Agent: Brokering the Dream," which coincidentally was also released on Tuesday. This is his second book and this memoir including discussion of his sexuality and details of his boyfriend of three years. "It just never defines me. It just happens to be that I am gay. It doesn't define my personality. If someone asks me I will tell him or her but it is not like I flaunt it," said Flagg (Million Dollar Listing's Josh Flagg comes out gay).


Josh Flagg (born August 20, 1985) is an American real estate agent and media personality who co-stars alongside Josh Altman and Madison Hildebrand on the show Million Dollar Listing on the Bravo! television network. Appearing on television for the first time in 2008, Flagg came back to do the third season of the show in 2009. In 2010, Bravo announced a fourth season of the show, which premiered on February 3, 2011. The show, which as of now is in its fourth season, follows three young real estate agents in Los Angeles as they sell high-end homes (Wikipedia).




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Bullying is an abusive treatment, the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when habitual and involving an imbalance of power. It may involve verbal harassment, physical assault or coercion and may be directed persistently towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability. The "imbalance of power" may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "targeted individual" (Wikipedia).